CAMDENTON, Mo. – Spring is rapidly approaching, which means the Annual Dogwood Festival and the deadline to register for participation are just around the corner.
The 63rd Annual Dogwood Festival will take place in various locations in and around Camdenton, April 18-20, 2013. The theme for this year’s Dogwood Festival is “Get Hooked;” Retiring Mayor Dennis North will be the Grand Marshall.
Below are the entry deadlines for several festival events:
- The Shoebox Float Contest, for children K-6th grade in Camden, Miller, Morgan and Laclede counties, will accept applications until April 16 (the deadline for submitting a float is April 16). Shoeboxes are available at the Camdenton Chamber office. Floats will be displayed at the Camden County Museum and other festival locations.
- The Dogwood Festival Parade, which takes place downtown on Saturday, April 20 at 10 a.m., will accept registration for parade entries until April 10.
- The Miss Dogwood Pageant is scheduled for Friday, April 12 at the Camdenton High School RC Worthan Theater. Registration is open until March 15 and entry forms can be downloaded at www.missdogwood.com.
- The Little Miss/Mister, Junior and Teen Dogwood Contest, scheduled for 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 13, has an application deadline of March 21.
- The DECA Arts & Crafts Show, which will take place at the Camdenton Middle School on April 19-20, is accepting applications for the indoor craft show.
- Outdoor Booth Space featuring crafts and businesses will take place April 19-20 adjacent to the Carnival in the Middle School Parking lot in Camdenton. Applications will be accepted while space is still available.
- 7th Annual Dogwood Senior King and Queen Contest will be held April 18, with an entry deadline of April 16.
Those seeking entry forms and more information about Dogwood Festival events may visit www.CamdentonChamber.com/DogwoodFestival or contact the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce at 800-769-1004 or 573-346-2227.