LAKE OF THE OZARKS, Mo. — Winners will walk away with major cash after next weekend’s Lake of the Ozarks Big Bass Bash.
The Big Bass Bash will be held on April 5-6, 2014. Over 160 places will be paid out throughout the weekend, totaling more than $165,000 in cash. Whoever catches the biggest bass of the weekend will walk away with an whopping $51,200 in cash.
The Big Bass Bash is for amateurs only: its unique format allows the weekend angler a chance to win big money like the professionals. Unlike many other fishing tournaments which have a team arrangement where prizes are based on total weight, the Big Bass Bash format is distinctive in that it only takes one angler with one big bass to win.
The top three heaviest bass of the weekend will win the following cash prizes:
- 1st Place Overall - $50,000
- 2nd Place Overall - $20,000
- 3rd Place Overall - $10,000
In addition to the three overall payouts, there will be more than $72,000 in guaranteed cash prizes for the 20 largest bass caught during each bi-hourly weigh-in period, for a total of 160 bi-hourly payouts. There is also a children's division for kids 12 and younger, and a $1,000 bonus for the lady who hauls in the biggest bass.
There are numerous ways to win even more money:
- Early Bird Bonus: All anglers that enter by March 24, 2014 will be eligible to win one of ten $500 cash prizes and a Lifetime Entry to all Big Bass Bash events.
- Exact Weight Awards: Every angler that brings in a bass weighing exactly 3.00 lbs. and/or 4.00 lbs. will win $500.
- T-Shirt Bonus: For anglers who have an official t-shirt in their possession when they weigh-in, if their bass drops to 21st place in any of the bi-hourly weigh-ins, they will win $125! Shirts can be purchased during "In Person" registration at Lake of the Ozarks.
There will be four weigh-in locations to accommodate Big Bass Bash anglers. Weigh-in locations are PB2 (Grand Glaize State Park), Red Oak Resort, Alhonna Resort, and Red Fox Bar & Grill.